A long-awaited feature has finally arrived to Flarum thanks to the hard work put in by @datitisev, the ability for you to use our very own demo instance of Flarum!
As Flarum becomes a more popular first choice for new forums we wanted to give you the ability to trial the software so you can see exactly what features and benefits Flarum can offer to you and your community.
Latest version demo: https://demo.flarum.site
Latest unstable code demo (dev-master): https://nightly.flarum.site
The welcome banner will contain the date of the latest Flarum update.
We would love to hear your thoughts! If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to raise them in this discussion after reading through some frequently asked questions below.
Why should I use the demo?
The demo will be a means for you to test out Flarum using only core extensions. You will be able to create accounts, create discussions and post replies, add or modify tags, change settings, etc. Better yet, it is a completely free service provided by us so you will always know you are using the latest Flarum software.
What's the difference?
- The demo is the current and tagged release. This is the version you would use if you installed it through our recommended and documented installation guide.
- The nightly demo consists of changes contained in the upcoming release. This version can be unstable; meaning it might misbehave, cause errors or may not even work at all. We aim to keep the nightly demo (dev-master) as stable as possible, however sometimes we merge things that aren't well tested yet. 😇
What restrictions are there?
- Mail has been completely disabled.
- Some settings and user
admin have been blocked from being changed.
- Additional extensions cannot be installed.
Things to consider...
- Signing up will confirm your email address automatically.
- Demos are reset regularly every night.
- Signing up with any email address starting with
mod will grant you that permission group automatically. For example,
firstname.lastname@example.org. It can be totally fake, you just need the admin@ part.
- Do NOT use a real email address when signing up. This is a prevention measure as anyone will be able to look up your email address via an administrator account.
Again, a huge thank you to @datitisev for this new feature and if you require any support, have any questions or want to clarify something please do so in this discussion only. You do not need to create a separate discussion. Enjoy! 🙂