Today was a looooong day, but felt quite productive. 🙂 I got several things done, a bit of writing and also some coding:
In the evening, we had another productive developer meeting. We have this roughly once a month, and this one was scheduled as we're about halfway to beta.12. We went through the issues and pull requests slated for this release, made a few decisions and clarified some things where we had questions.
Also, we finalized our Stalebot configuration, so if you're watching our repository on GitHub, you're likely in for a full mailbox in the morning. From now on, we will let a bot automatically close issues that have grown stale. This has gotten quite common in open-source land and is important to keep our sanity: We need a better overview of the issues that are current; and year-old tickets without any movement are more likely to lie around even longer, so closing them is the more honest approach - until we find the time and initiative to actually tackle them.
And last but not least, I had a great call with our trainee @tankerkiller125, who is doing awesome work in making our middleware extender even better.