Version 1.2.0 - January 9, 2021
- Changed: Redesigned form manager UI.
- Changed: Profiles of suspended users can no longer be edited by non-moderators.
- Changed: Discussion fields of locked and hidden discussions can no longer be edited by non-moderators.
- Changed: Removed ability for guests to submit "automatic discussion" forms because Flarum couldn't accept guest discussions.
- Added: Export tool. Controlled by a new permission.
- Added: User profile forms can now be added to the sign up modal.
- Added: New detailed (see own, see any, edit own, edit any) global and form-specific permissions for user profiles and discussion fields.
- Added: You can now set a private form title different from the public title.
- Fixed: required fields not always required in new submissions.
- Fixed: missing pagination controls on the submission list.
If you are currently using user profiles or discussion fields, you will need to adjust the 6 new permissions to match your existing permissions!
This version is only compatible with Flarum beta 13.
The documentation has been updated with all the new options and update instructions.
This was the last feature update for Flarum beta 13. Next update will be for beta 15.
I'm going to leave some time over the weekend for the users of the beta 13 version to try it out and report any issue. I will then proceed with the update of the source code for beta 15. I'm now targeting next Monday evening CET for the beta 15 update.
Post-mortem for the delay: I've been stuck on the new permission system for weeks trying to figure out the best solution. I have now added some extensive integration tests to validate all the possible access settings and make sure nothing gets accidentally broken across updates.
The new system is certainly unnecessarily complex 💩 , but it's now possible to handle about any use case for user profiles, and soon discussions. I have calculated there's about half a million different possible states a form+submission can be in 😅
There are still many features I want to release in the coming weeks, including the discussion fields in post composer, per-form permissions for standalone forms and user-created forms. Stay tuned for a follow-up update after the beta 15 compatibility.