It's time for an update.
🤓 What I did:
- For the past few weeks I've been working on a redo of our flarum.org website. Something that I'm hoping we can deploy somewhere before the stable release. The day before yesterday I moved the docs out of our main domain (flarum.org/docs) to its own subdomain (https://docs.flarum.org) to improve SEO of our main domain on non technical terminology and to prepare for the new website by simplifying the deployment script.
- With more time on my hands I've been looking at our strategic positioning again. So that we're not completely unprepared for whatever hits us around and after stable.
- Respond to inquiries from differently sized companies, including a multi billion enterprise from Australia. Interest in Flarum is increasing, that much is clear 👏 !
🖥️ About development:
The core team has been extremely active. A great pace has been set by the core team to rewrite the frontend. It requires a lot of discussion; pull requests are openly and privately scrutinized in order to achieve the best results.
I do think, seeing how much work is still left ahead of us, that our targeted deadline of August might need to be pushed back slightly in order to get to a stable and reliable fourteenth beta. In addition we'd hate to break extensions twice in rapid succession. I know this is disappointing, seeing that beta 14 already was given one month of extra time. Sometimes we need to lose a battle to win the war. In software development you sometimes have to sacrifice delivery times, to guarantee the best product. Especially because we know you love Flarum, therefor to us the only viable release is a great one!
At the end of this week, we'll know for sure whether delaying beta 14 to September is necessary.
We will keep you up to date about any news related to our project and beta 14 specifically. Thanks for your patience and understanding.