Now then, September, the successor of August, with its increasingly changing weather; we had so much rainfall 🌧️ in the Netherlands last week and since yesterday the sun is back high in the sky ☀️
Another month passed by, another list of things to report to you 🙂
- ❤️🔥 In August we spent 58 % on open source, that's 7 % more than last month. Loads of these paid and commissioned hours were into Flarum itself, many others into extensions in the ecosystem. Here's a little selection:
- Customizable session driver
- UI for users to manage access tokens
- Improvements to FoF Analytics and Flarum Statistics extensions.
- Working on a Digest extension to bundle notifications.
- More improvements in the Email Conversations extension.
- 🌤️ The platform was upgraded only 4 times. This implies Flarum on our platform is running more smoothly than ever and we only published new extension changes.
- 😵 We had one service disruption on August 30th to 31st where our corporate cluster was no longer working due to some changes Linode applied days before to the LoadBalancer. Due to this cluster misbehaving and a platform update being cancelled midway, one of our clients was taken down. We were able to restore services to this client in approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes which includes identifying cause, stabilizing the community and fixing the problem. The investigation by Linode was concluded a few hours later, resolving our issues on our corporate cluster and allowing us to carry out the platform update as usual.
- 🪙 Work on premium Blomstra extensions:
In addition to all this, I have gone over the GDPR extension, to confirm it is working as intended. I am considering tagging the first beta releases soon. Is anyone interested in giving it a spin?
PS if you have some commissioned work that needs doing or would love to give our hosted Flarum platform a try; do let me know 😉