Hi, welcome to Flarum! A few things:
- It might be worth checking if there's already a language pack for your language you could contribute to
- language packs are a lot simpler than most extensions. After setting up boiler plate, there's 2 essential bits:
- a bunch of yml files that contain translations
- a config file for dayjs that allows date translations. This one is a bit more complex
- I would highly recommend starting by looking at the structure of some existing language pack extensions. https://discuss.flarum.org/d/20807-simplify-translation-process-with-weblate might also be of use.
- We switched from momentjs to dayjs between beta 13 and beta 14. So, if you update, you'll have to rewrite the dates configuration a bit (although that shouldn't be too difficult, again you'll want to just follow existing examples)
Best of luck! Let us know if you run into issues, and again, welcome to Flarum!