luceos Perhaps @davwheat can give a little update of what he has been up to 😉
If you insist 😉
About a week ago, I went through a lot of Flarum core with a screenreader installed to attempt to use a forum with no mouse and without visual feedback. It was hard. It mostly went surprisingly well, though, which is a testament to what we've managed to achieve so far.
If you keep a keen eye on our GitHub (specifically the issues tab) you may have seen a flood of accessibility issues come through when I did this. I'm sure it annoyed the core devs with a bunch of emails (sorry!) but it means that we can track the issues I found separately. We still have the "mega-issue", which will track core's overall progress towards accessibility: flarum/core#2655
I put a few of the bigger accessibility issues on the 1.1 milestone, so fingers crossed we can get those fixed in time for the 1.1 release.
In the meantime (before 1.1 kickoff on Monday), I've been performing some general quality of life improvements:
While a lot of these changes will make absolutely no difference to end users of Flarum, it does improve the development process for extension developers and core developers.
I've also snuck in a few cheeky bugfixes here and there, too.