Hey everyone, wanted to share some quick updates on our end.
We're still in the QA process, mostly due to the massive size of the release, the holiday season, and our upcoming process changes. Mostly, we've been:
- Fixing bugs discovered during the QA phase, as well as finding new ones
- Cleaning up and standardizing some parts of our codebase across extensions. Thanks to @ianm for playing a leading role in this effort!
- Preparing for the move to a monorepo for all core and bundled extension development. This will make it much easier for us to keep track of ongoing work, and crucially, allow for tighter CI integration that should reduce accidental breaking changes / issues.
- Refactoring / expanding Flarum CLI. After over 100 commits, among many other improvements, it now supports:
- Adding TypeScript, Prettier, GitHub Actions, and a lot of other functionality to an extension via a single command:
flarum infra MODULE
- Making sure all this infrastructure is up to date via
flarum audit infra
- Developing in Flarum Core, and in Flarum monorepos
- A no-interaction mode, so you can include flarum CLI commands in automated scripts
Thank you to everyone who has been reporting issues here on Discuss! We've updated core to the latest changes which should fix most of the above issues, except for the chrome android code highlighting one, which will probably need to wait till the next release since it's not a new one.