v1.4.0 - Echidna
📣 The Release
We step into the summer 🌅 with another release. Version 1.4 follows within two months of 1.3 to tackle a wide range of bugs and improve extensibility. Many of these improvements are purely internal focused at core, but cascade into the ecosystem through bundled and community extensions.
- 🔗 Rel and target attributes on links can now be modified using extensions (flarum/framework#3455)
- 💦 Long topic titles in the notification dropdown don't overflow (flarum/framework#3500)
- ⛔ Sub tags of tags a user has access to are visible even though the user has no access to those sub tags (flarum/framework#3419)
- 🏷️ Without any tags required the tag modal would be forced on the user regardless (flarum/framework#3448)
- 👮 Once a suspension is over the modal showing the suspension would still be shown (flarum/framework#3449)
👨💻 For Developers
All extensions compatible with Flarum 1.3 will work with 1.4. There was no need for an upgrade guide this time. If you receive any bug reports or have questions, feel free to hop onto our Discord into the #extend channel.
❗Before you upgrade, make sure to create a backup of your
public/assets directory, your
composer.json and your database!
Before starting the upgrade process, ensure you are on Flarum 1.0.0 or above in your Admin Dashboard or by typing
php flarum info. If you're not, use the previous release notes for upgrading from an earlier version.
To upgrade from a version 1 Flarum to version 1.4, take a look at our upgrade guide documentation. The process should be much easier compared to previous major version upgrades, due to the lack of breaking changes.
🆘 If you run into any issues, please open a new discussion under the Support tag. Ignore similar discussions, and open a new one anyhow. Make sure to mention the output of
php flarum info,
composer why-not flarum/core v1.4.0, and any errors to their fullest.
😇 Thanks to our Sponsors
Financial donations keep Flarum alive and kicking. The following companies and people deserve credit for making Flarum sustainable:
- Sridhar Kamma
- Donald Broussard
- Leon Kükel, @GreXXL, @SKruIJ, Lay Dominicans of bl. Michał Czartoryski, Timotheus Pokorra, Circuit Dojo, @Teddan, PapaFig1, ange1k, jgupta, @askvortsov1, @Wadera, @zgq354, @tankerkiller125, @malago, @Edmilerad
Thanks for being awesome 😍 !
Flarum wouldn't be the same without our over one hundred contributors, along with their generous time commitments! For this release we specifically thank these wonderful people:
- The non-team contributors that usually tackle unplanned, but extremely welcomed bugs or overhauls. We absolutely love contributions that help us move forward, so thank you very much:
@iPurpl3x, @hason, flawedworld
- The core and staff team contributors, people that have vast knowledge of the code base who sacrifice their free time to bring the awesome Flarum software to you, for free. Thank you so much:
@askvortsov @SychO @davwheat @datitisev @luceos @ianm @clarkwinkelmann
- The community staff is the foundation to a warm and welcoming community. Many cheers for all you do:
@jordanjay29 @Prosperous @GreXXL
- The well oiled machine that is the translation team, keeping up with new languages, their maintainers and the translations perfectly well. Very, very much appreciated:
@GreXXL @Justoverclock @rob006
- A great shout out to everyone who's submitted carefully described issues and suggestions, especially @matteocontrini, @ornanovitch and @Valeyard !
- And the whole community sharing their passion for Flarum, urging us on!
🆘 Support the Project
We need your support to:
- Guarantee continued development on the software.
- Create a valuable ecosystem around the project.
- Ensure healthy extensions are available.
You can support us:
- 👕 By getting some swag from our merchandise store!
- 💵 By backing us on Open Collective or on GitHub.
- 👩💻 By contributing to the source code, hop onto any of our open issues.
- 📈 By creating your own Flarum extensions and sharing them with the world!
- 🌎 By translating Flarum and extensions into your own language.
- 💝 By sharing your love for Flarum with friends, family and on the internet.
- 💬 By hanging out with us, here on discuss!
If you're looking to get coding, make sure to check out our documentation.