We are happy to announce the release of Flarum v0.1.0-beta.7! 🎉
There's nothing too exciting to talk about here, but we hope you enjoy these changes nonetheless:
"Remember Me" is now shown as a checkbox on the login form. Previously it was done automatically and users didn't have a choice.
Admins can now manually activate users (Controls → Edit) in case something goes wrong with their activation email. Thanks @renyuneyun!
Flarum now requires PHP 5.6+ (as opposed to PHP 5.5.9+ in earlier versions). Please check your PHP version before upgrading.
Some little things:
- Fixed Zend Stratigility 1.3 deprecation error
- Upgrade to jQuery 3.0
- Search API for users by group:
/api/users?filter[q]=group:admin,mod (thanks to @liji)
- Use a custom UI for renaming discussions rather than a native browser prompt (thanks to @datitisev)
- Prevent the last enabled language from being disabled (thanks to @Davis)
- Images and links are inserted with Markdown syntax when quoting a post (thanks to @clarkwinkelmann)
See the full release notes for more details.
Updating from Beta 6
- Check your PHP version with
php -v - it must be 5.6.0 or higher to upgrade to Beta 7!
- Disable 3rd party extensions prior to upgrading.
- Run the following command at the root of your Flarum installation:
- Navigate to yourforum.com/admin, enter your database password, and sit tight!
- Run the command
php flarum cache:clear (or manually delete .js and .css files in the assets directory).
If you run into trouble, please start a new discussion in the Support tag and we'll do our best to help you!
What took so long?
Things have admittedly been a little slow since the release of Beta 6 in October last year. Flarum is an open-source project, and at this stage meaningful progress is mostly reliant on the time that @Toby, @Franz and @sijad can put in — which has been limited given their full-time commitments to work and school. We're really thankful for those of you who have contributed in the meantime, and for everyone's patience.
We're working hard on a revised roadmap to get things moving along at a faster pace. Stay tuned for more details about this soon!
Thanks to all of the contributors for this release:
dav-is, datitisev, Luceos, dcsjapan, kirkbushell, Albert221, JoshyPHP, petermein, nielstholenaar, milescellar, zcodes, bogdanteodoru, ahsanity, Zeokat, CDK2020, tpokorra, ssfinney, clarkwinkelmann, janga1997, renyuneyun, oanhnn, liji, krnch, fernsheldon, Ximich, augiwan, poush, bmalex88, opi, binaryoung, wiwatsrt, StoneSoldier, dshoreman, thomaskuntzz, Strobotti, J2TeaM
and anyone else who we've missed!
Thank you to the Flarum staff (@Franz, @jordanjay29, @luceos, @Kulga, @Digital, @Arkinn) who have been managing and supporting the community as development continues.
Finally, thank you for your ongoing support, donations, patience, and enthusiasm 🙂