I am sorry to say, but I think I am getting off 'the merry go round' (carousel) as everyone I know was waiting for an installer which would be friendly with shared web hosting. A simple installer which would have allowed web install without the need to SSH (terminal access). This was promised over and over to eventually come by the first release and folks have been waiting since 2015 (it's about to be 2018) for your first release (3yrs) and now you release a roadmap outlining that there will be no new development concerning the install until the 2nd release, while you also are asking for funding. -- I do not see the logic or value at this time in supporting or waiting further (sorry).
I am really disappointed as I really was hoping for Flarum. But as you would exclude most folks within your 1st release and there is no telling how long of a wait for your 2nd release, since we have waited 3 years, I cannot find a defensible position which I could bring to my clients concerning, Flarum.