Purpose of this extension
I wanted to get notified per e-mail, whenever someone posts to my forum, or if someone edits a post.
This is useful in the following situations:
- As moderator, you are responsible for keeping the forum clean. But if the forum is not so busy, you would forget to visit the forum regularly and check for new and modified posts. But you might check your E-Mail every day, so you would notice a notification there.
- We have a private forum for the volunteers of a charity. We don't want to exchange e-Mails directly, because someone easily forgets to add a new volunteer to BCC or CC, and we want a central history of conversation. That is why we use the forum. But some volunteers would not visit the forum at all. So we distribute every post with this extension to their e-mail address.
Install via composer:
composer require tpokorra/flarum-ext-post-notification
Don't forget to activate the extension in the admin panel of your Flarum, and use the Settings dialog to configure the extension with the E-Mail addresses!
This is the configuration screen:
- The administrator can define email addresses that will be in TO and BCC in the notification e-mail. Multiple addresses are separated by comma.
- Sends notification email if someone posts to the forum, or edits an existing post
- Notification email contains the title of the post, the link to the post, and the text of the post.
Links for the curious