Added push notifications, see the dev discussion here: https://discuss.flarum.org/d/24018-looking-for-testers-for-a-push-notifications-extension. This system:
- Does not use any external providers, and works directly with the browser push services
- Can be enabled by users per-notification-category
- Does not require any API keys or subscriptions (and thus scales infinitely)
- Is 100% free
composer require askvortsov/flarum-pwa:v1.0.1
composer require minishlink/web-push
php flarum migrate
php flarum cache:clear
Please note that you'll also need to install the php web push library (
composer require minishlink/web-push) for the push notifications feature to work. PWA will still work without it, but push requires it. The web push library, in turn, requires the PHP gmp extension. This might not be available on some shared hosts, but unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that.
Notes / Thoughts
- Please note that push notifications are currently only supported for notifications that support email, and for individual notificaitons that I add support for (currently just likes). If you would like to request support for a notification, please let me know
- As hrvoje_hr pointed out, it would be nice to have a customizable add to homescreen prompt. This might be supported on chrome, I will investigate.
- At some point this summer, I plan to add a primitive form of offline support. Hence, solving:
tolgaaaltas Maybe you can add an edit option for offline.html like fof/html-errors, because that page can't translatable. Or add an universal image like this: