This extension enables users to login with an OpenID Connect (OIDC) provider. This method can be set to the only allowed method to login (SSO mode) or used as a complementary login method (like OAuth providers)
This is a Premium extension, not a free one. You can buy a license to use it in your Flarum through Extiverse
⚠ Warning! This README might be outdated! Please always refer to the docs to ensure you are reading the latest update!
Mostly for two reasons:
- You can connect to any auth system, written in any language, as long as they are compliant with the OpenID Connect specs. My other SSO extension, which is free, allows you to connect to any auth system written in PHP.
- It requires only configuration in the admin panel and zero code. The SSO extension requires integration with your auth system through plugins in addition to extension configuration.
Button in login modal:
Buttons in user settings (non-SSO mode):
Buttons in user settings (SSO mode):
Check the tested providers matrix
- PHP 8.1+
- The following PHP extensions installed and enabled:
Other extensions may be required due to third party dependencies. Check what composer says to know more.
To make JWT operations faster you'll need the gmp or bcmath extension. Read here for more.
Implemented OpenID Connect features
The extension relies on
maicol07/oidc-client-php, a heavenly modified fork of
JuliusPC/OpenID-Connect-PHP. You can see a list of OIDC drafts and documents that have been implemented. However, the following features aren't already implemented in the extension at the time of writing (v3.0) and they can't be set/used:
How does it work?
The extension uses the authorization code flow variant of OpenID Connect. I suggest checking these resources to learn more about OIDC flow here:
Will it work on WordPress and other CMS?
Yes, as long as you're using a plugin that provides OpenID Connect features. For WordPress, you can try this one (not tested): https://wordpress.org/plugins/miniorange-oauth-20-server/
Do you want to disable standard signup and login?
Use the SSO mode or this extension: Third Party Login Only
This way, you can only login/signup through OIDC
- Be sure to check Extiverse instructions in your subscriptions page on how to install a premium extension via composer.json
- Install by executing the command below and activate the extension in Flarum Administration area.
composer require maicol07/flarum-oidc-client:*
Check the docs for more!
⚠️ PHP versions support/drop notice
PHP versions will be supported until its EOL.
If Flarum core changes PHP version before the official EOL, I'll update too the version accordingly to what they have chosen.
Upgrade by executing the command below, like with every other extension.
composer update maicol07/flarum-oidc-client:*
Since this is a premium extension, you also have premium support. So I'll help you in every error you're facing. You can contact me using the following services: