v1.7.0 - Tasmanian Devil
📣 The Release
Hey folks, the moment we've been waiting for is finally here! Flarum v1.7 is now live, and it's packed with some awesome new features and enhancements. Here are some highlights:
- 👨💻 Introduced support for PHP 8.2!
- 🚪 New access tokens user management UI.
- 🔓 Added a global logout to clear all sessions, access tokens, email tokens, and password tokens.
- 🛠️ Fixed notifications not being sent out on post approval.
- 🔍 SEO improvements relating to document headers
- 🧪 Created a Jest configuration package for frontend tests unit and component testing.
- 🖌️ Improved tag text color contrast for accessibility.
- 🚀 Introduced frontend extenders.
- 🧰 Introduced PHPStan support for extensions through a new package.
- 🔍 Admins can now search users in the admin users list.
- 👥 Added display name column to admin users list.
- 📄 Improved page navigation in the admin users list.
- 🆗 Added UTF8 tag slug support.
- 🔒️ Security patch.
- 🧑💻 And much much more...
👨💻 For Developers
Extensions compatible with 1.6 should still operate on Flarum 1.7 without any changes. However, this release introduces some developer-facing changes, we recommend updating your code accordingly:
Additionally, this release comes with nice new features:
Checkout the full upgrade guide. Feel free to provide feedback or report any encountered issues!
Before you upgrade, make sure to create a backup of your
public/assets directory, your
composer.json and your database!
Before starting the upgrade process, ensure you are on Flarum 1.0.0 or above in your Admin Dashboard or by typing
php flarum info. If you're not, use the previous release announcement for upgrading from an earlier version.
To upgrade from 1.0 or 1.6 to 1.7, take a look at our upgrade guide documentation. The process should be much easier compared to previous major version upgrades, due to the lack of breaking changes.
If you run into any issues, please open a new discussion under the Support tag. Ignore similar discussions and open a new one anyhow. Make sure to mention the output of
php flarum info,
composer why-not flarum/core v1.7.0, and any errors to their fullest.
😇 Thanks to our Sponsors
Financial donations keep Flarum alive and kicking. The following companies and people deserve credit for making Flarum sustainable:
- Glowing Blue AG
- Sridhar Kamma
- Nathan Sweet
- Lincoln Russell
- Bart van Bragt
- Circuit Dojo
- David Wheatley
- Rad Web Hosting
- Timotheus Pokorra
- Pep Oliveras
- S4 Hosting
- Alexander Skvortsov
- Jai Gupta
- Miguel A. Lago
Thank you to all the Supporters, backing us through Discuss:
@v17development and @waca !
Thanks for being awesome 😍 !
Flarum wouldn't be the same without our over one hundred contributors, along with their generous time commitments! For this release we specifically thank these wonderful people:
🆘 Support the Project
We need your support to:
- Guarantee continued development on the software.
- Create a valuable ecosystem around the project.
- Ensure healthy extensions are available.
You can support us:
For installation instructions check our installation documentation. If you are interested in developing extensions for Flarum, check the extend section there.